Prof. Mohamed Mostafa Lotayef
He was included in many job duties, and he is referred to as Lebanon in the field of oncology. He left a great imprint in the field of radiation oncology treatment, and supervised hundreds of master’s and doctoral dissertations.
Dr. Mohamed Mostafa Lotayef graduated from the Faculty of Medicine, Cairo University in 1988, and obtained a master's degree in oncology in 1992.
He traveled abroad to work at Mount Vernon Hospital in London, in the period 1997/1999; The hospital is one of the largest known cancer centers in Europe.
Dr. Mohamed Lotayef trained in the UK at Gray Lab, then earned his PhD in Radiation Oncology at Cairo University, and worked as a professor at the National Cancer Institute.
- He graduated in academic and administrative work at the National Cancer Institute at Cairo University until he held the position of dean of the institute in January 2015.
- Member of the Technical Office for Postgraduate Studies and Research, Cairo University.
- Rapporteur of the Supreme Committee for Cancer Control in the Arab Republic of Egypt.
- Member of the Egyptian Medicine Development Committee.
- Member of the Medical Education Development Committee of the Supreme Council of Universities.
- Participated in many scientific researches in a number of local, regional and international conferences.
- Dr. Lotayef has distinguished research in the field of developing oncology treatment, in addition to a number of distinguished researches in the field of developing higher education.
- Presented a number of articles and researches that talk about cancer, in addition to issuing more than 30 written chapters in international cancer journals, in addition to his membership in many cancer oncology societies around the world.
- Dr. Mohamed Lotayef held the position of Advisor to the Vice President of Cairo University for Higher Education and Scientific Research.
- In 2018, a decision was issued to appoint Dr. Mohamad Lotayef as Secretary-General of the Supreme Council of Universities for a period of four years.
- In 2022, a decision was issued to appoint Dr. Mohamed Lotayef as CEO of the Egyptian Health Council.