• In accordance with Law No. 153 of 2019, amending Law No. 415 of 1954, which stipulates in Article No. 3 of it, that for registration for the first time in the records of the Ministry of Health, the doctor must pass the national examination to qualify to practice the profession, under the supervision of the Compulsory Training Authority, whether During or after his studies, the registration must be for a period of 5 years, renewable for similar periods.
• In accordance with Law No. 12 of 2022 regarding the establishment of the Egyptian Health Council, the examination is currently being supervised and held by the Egyptian Health Council in accordance with the law, in cooperation with the Ministry of Health and Population, until the executive regulations of the Egyptian Health Council are issued.
• The National Examination for the Practice of Medicine (EMLE) was created to ensure that graduates of medical sector colleges in Egypt are truly qualified to begin practicing medicine, to ensure that they receive appropriate training before obtaining a license to practice the profession in Egypt, and to ensure that graduates of accredited health education facilities meet the minimum requirements. Standards for practicing the profession.
• The student will not be able to obtain a license to practice the profession in Egypt until he passes the exam, and the exam is unified throughout the republic, which guarantees equality, justice, and equal opportunities.
Conditions for registering for the exam:
• The student must have obtained a bachelor’s degree from one of the Egyptian public or private universities accredited by the Supreme Council of Universities, or its equivalent from foreign universities, provided that it is equalized by the Supreme Council of Universities.
• The student must have spent at least 6 full months of the internship year.
• Data registration is done through the university’s Student Affairs or the Compulsory Excellence and Training Officer, provided that all data is sent approved by the Dean of the College.
• Data registration for those holding a bachelor’s degree or distinction from abroad is done by the Supreme Council of University Hospitals after the equivalency of the certificates from the Supreme Council of Universities.
• Registration is done for each role separately from the other, and previous registrations are not taken into account in the event of not passing or not taking the exam.
• The data is sent once, and the data is carefully reviewed by the student and student affairs at the college before sending it. In the event that any of the required data is sent incorrectly, the data will be re-sent in the next exam round, where the data from the current round will be excluded.
• In the event that there are expatriates studying on an internship at one of the universities, student affairs must verify the existence of a bachelor’s degree equivalency from the Supreme Council of Universities before sending their information, provided that the college bears responsibility for this if it is violated.
• The required information is sent to the students, including the following information:
- The full name in Arabic according to the national ID card.
- The name is quadrilateral in English.
- National number (14 numbers), passport number for expatriates.
- University Name.
- Total summation.
- Email (it is preferable to use regular email, not university email).
- Mobile Phone Number.
Types of exams:
The exam consists of 100 questions (MCQ) from five different specialties (internal medicine - surgery - pediatrics - gynecology - emergency). The exam contains three types of exams as follows:
• MOCKUP EXAM: An exam that is available to students to learn the form and style of questions and how to deal with the website. The exam is available throughout the day. The student can log in and try it at any time during the day. It is also possible to try it more than once for a single exam.
• SIMULATION EXAM: An exam that is available to students to learn the form and style of questions and how to deal with the website in light of the time specified for the exam, the exam rules, and the various monitoring systems.
• The actual exam (REAL EXAM): The basic exam in which the student is held accountable for the grade he obtained in terms of his success or failure in order to practice the profession. Each round includes 3 actual exams, one of which the student can pass to pass, noting that the student is held accountable for the grade of the last exam.
Rules and instructions for entering the exam:
• Login through a laptop or computer equipped with a camera (USP).
• Ensure the quality and safety of the camera on the device being used and that it is activated during entry.
• Sitting alone in a place isolated from others during the exam to avoid canceling the exam.
• It is preferable to take the exam through the website at least 20 minutes before the exam.
• Do not open any browsers or websites or use any other devices while taking the exam. In case of violating this, the exam will be cancelled.